AB-Inforcer Clinically Significant In Peer Reviewed Medical Publications
|Physical Therapist’s at State Convention Learn Core Exercises from Lee Brandon, CSCS, using the Total gym and the AB-Inforcer(R) as tools for their clinics Therapeutic Exercise programs|
Did you know? Your muscles may be one of the primary culprits to back discomfort? According to the Magazine Bottom Line Health, back surgery us one of the most “over performed” operations in the US.
- FACT: Half of the 400,000 back surgeries performed in the US each year do not work or are unnecessary, according to the Norman Marcus Pain Institute.
- FACT: Many back patients will improve without surgery, if the underlying cause can be treated with correct exercise!
- FACT: The most common diagnosis for back patients is “non-specific Lower back pain.” This just shows that the experts source of the pain is unknown!
- FACT: In a study of more than 20,000 back patients, 70-80% had muscle and soft tissue injuries, which cannot reliably be identified with standard tests. Many of these patients receive back surgery for a structural problem when a muscle injury is really to blame, according to Dr. Norman Marcus, MD, professor at New York University.
TREAT THE CAUSE NOT THE EFFECT.
Annually, I am sought after by disgruntled folks who have searched for solutions for their back discomfort. I have numerous Doctors refer me clients who need 2 things:
- Daily exercises that effectively “turn on” the muscles that get interrupted or shut off due to pain!
- Walk daily
- Do core drills that work the spine through it’s neutral zones (avoid end range)!
- A sound stretching routine specific to individual flexibility range of motion.
Post-hoc analyses revealed that the improvement inpost-intervention SBR and SBL shown by the AB-I group was significantly greater(p<0 .05=".05" and="and" change="change" con="con" groups.="groups." in="in" mt="mt" observed="observed" span="span" than="than" the="the">0>
The AB-I groupalso showed significantly greater improvements in FE and SA scores relative tothe CON group .
SA scores in the AB-I group increased by 28.9% compared to 6.9% inthe MT group and a 14% decrease in the CON group.
Electromyographic Analysis of Abdominal and Lower Back Muscle Activation During Abdominal Exercises Using an Objective Biofeedback Device.